The National Association of Realtors® has announced a new program to Spotlight A level affiliated, premium countries. During the first year (2013) the Spotlight will be on Mexico. Australia will be in the Spotlight in 2014 and Canada in 2015.
What does it mean? Below are just a few of the features of the Spotlight program and what it will mean for Mexican real estate.
1. Specialized communication plans, including webinars, development of articles on Mexico, outlining opportunities here
2. International franchise development to augment Association outreach
3. A “destination CIPS Institute”, where NAR where NAR provides direct delivery of CIPS Institutes and “Train the Trainer” sessions, so that Mexico will have more authorized CIPS instructors.
4. Special promotions on serving International REALTORS®
5. Special support for a joint event in Mexico
6. Contracting with local in country marketing partners to develop a sizeable pavilion within NAR’s Conference and Trade Expo in San Francisco, next November.
7. Coordination with NAR Affiliates and internal education divisions to introduce comprehensive education in Mexico, by local partners and finding graduate students for the REALTORS® University program.
8. Include two candidates to participate in NAR’s leadership academy
9. Technical assistance in establishing structures in-country that
support global activities so that NAR members will have a base to interact with; these would include local councils, coordinated “market to market” efforts, and ambassador associations to connect the country to member business ( referrals to AMPI members)
Commenting on the new program, Jeffrey Hornberger Director at NAR Global Alliancessaid, “We are pleased to name Mexico as the first Spotlight country. Our members and our affiliates around the world will “discover” Mexico and the many opportunities it offers for investment.”
Linda Neil, Head of the International Commission of the National Association of Real Estate Professional (AMPI) and Presidential Liaison for NAR to Mexico said, “It is a true honor for NAR to select our country. The Spotlight program will bring substantial benefits to our AMPI members.”
In addition to more than one million members in the U.S. NAR is affiliated with 80 Associations in 60 countries around the Globe. AMPI has Sections in more than 70 Mexican cities.